Over 50 years ago a few Brazilian rosewood logs were shipped from NE Brazil to a village just outside of Madrid, Spain. It was stored in an open air warehouse for a couple decades and then sawn into tonewood sets, stickered and left to season for decades more. Brazilian rosewood has long been regarded as the pinnacle of all tonewoods for it's amazing ability to resonate deep, rich, powerful bass notes while still shimmering with the treble tones. And the half century natural aging of this Brazilian collection has given Breedlove the cream of the crop. All legally documented.
The Breedlove Journey Concert is designed to deliver powerful, robust sound. It takes full advantage of the Brazilian's character of delivering highly present bass tones much as a woofer does for a sound system. There is little subtlety with this instrument, the more a musician dives into the Breedlove Journey, the more it will respond. The salvaged Sitka spruce top is paired perfectly to allow for tonal balance and, most importantly, tonal range. The Breedlove Journey truly comes alive the second it is played.
- Body Type: Concert
- Neck Wood: Honduran Mahogany
- Solid Wood Top: Sitka spruce
- Solid Wood Back & Sides: Brazilian rosewood
- Top Finish Natural: High Gloss
- Back & Side Finish: Natural High Gloss
- Fretboard: Ebony
- # Frets: 20
- Nut Width: 1-3/4"
- Tuners Hardware: Gotoh 381, Gold with black buttons
- Lower Bout Width: 15"
- Waist Width: 9"
- Upper Bout Width: 11 1/4"
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Depth: 2 (3.75")
- String Gauge: D'Addario EXP 16
- Pickup: LR Baggs Anthem TRU-Mic
- Bridge: Winged bridge, African ebony
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Inlay: Dots
- Case: Deluxe hardshell