Strymon Compadre Dual Voice Compressor/ Boost
One of the underrated secrets of studio guitar tones is the use of rack mounted, high-headroom compressors to smooth out some of the dynamics and add sustain without too deeply affecting your core tone. The Strymon Compadre brings all the clean, clear tone and response of a rackmount VCA style compressor straight to your pedalboard, complete with an additional volume boost after the compressor to really help drive your amp. They even threw in all your favorite pedal compressor sounds too just in case you prefer the more squashed-out classic red or grey box style pedal tones.
Strymon perfectly combines the flexibility of modern digital control with an all-analog signal path and true bypass switching so your sound will always be true to the original tone. Traditional rack compressors can be really hard to dial in correctly, so they made sure to keep the controls simple and intuitive on the Compadre. For the Compressor side you have controls for Dry level, output Level, and Compression amount (controls sustain and threshold), the Comp Type switch for choosing and a dedicated footswitch so that you get a truly dual function pedal. The Boost side takes that simple and intuitive ethos to the max, giving you 1 knob for Boost volume, a 3 way Boost EQ switch, and a switch on the back to choose between a Clean or Dirty boost. When you look at the back you have 4 x 1/4" jacks: 1 each for Input and Output, 1 for a Strymon MiniSwitch / MiniSwitch Plus (sold separately) or other MIDI control device, and 1 for connecting any TRS expression pedal to get the functionality of a dedicated volume pedal without needing a dedicated one. If you're looking for a top of the line compressor pedal with a built in boost, the Compadre is the best around. Come try one today!
- Dual function compressor and boost pedal
- 2 compression modes and 3 Boost EQ curves
- Studio mode gives you clean, transparent, rack style VCA compression
- Squeeze mode has all the mojo from your favorite red and grey box vintage compressor pedals
- Volume jack lets you use any TRS expression pedal as a volume pedal
- Separate Boost footswitch
- Use Strymon MiniSwitch or MiniSwitch Plus (sold separately) to recall presets
- Fully MIDI compatible for up to 300 preset slots (requires MIDI EXP cable, sold separately)
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Other I/O: 1 x 1/4" TRS (volume expression)
- MIDI I/O: 1 x 1/4" TRS (MIDI EXP cable required)
- True Bypass: Yes, switchable to buffered
- Power Source: 9V DC power supply required (included)
- Current Draw: 150mA (minimum)
- Height: 1.75"
- Width: 4"
- Depth: 4.5"
- Manufacturer Part #: Compadre