Mesa Midi Matrix Switching System
MESA® has always been known for multi-channel wizardry and footswitchable- dreams-come-true. All the way back to the mid 1980s and our first Midi Matrix switching system aimed at providing comprehensive control for Artists using multiple IIC+ Heads and our Quad or Studio preamps in large stereo Rack Systems, we’ve been in the instant access game.
Now that experience and expertise is brought forward in a compact design aimed at providing total control and instant access to your favorite amplifier’s channels and features within the confines of today’s compact pedal boards or small rack systems.
Sporting the same name as its predecessor born in Petaluma nearly 35 years ago, today’s Midi Matrix is a control freak in the very best sense of the term. It can interface with your existing Midi Controller, replace your MESA amplifier’s multi-pin cabled Factory Footswitch and provide you with remote control of all your amp’s channels, modes and features under a one-button command.
If your amplifier is based on a simpler on/off footswitch bus, or you have another Brand’s favorite amp that uses ¼” switching jacks responding to momentary or latching tip to ground switching logic, the Midi Matrix can also step right in to take control.
The Matrix allows for singular control of your amp’s channels, and features, such as Reverb, EQ and Power options and also allows grouping of multiple features, and even control of up to three amplifiers, depending on total control needs, under user presets you easily create.
Thanks to a DIP Switch Array and our Pre-Configurations, the MIDI Matrix™ Amp Controller can automate every amplifier and product that MESA/Boogie has ever produced, and in most cases — without the need for custom cables or dongles.
Equally cool is that the 8-pin DIN and two 1⁄4” TRS (tip-ring-sleeve) switching jacks are completely isolated, preventing ground loop hum and noise from varying references to ground among the amps, pedals and rack gear within your rig.
The Matrix supports midi Program Change as well as Control Change change messages and has 250 presets available, allowing you to configure your rig for multiple Set Lists or Band’s requirements. You can also choose to access the individual gear in your Rig directly if that’s how you like to roll.
Finally, mounting the Midi Matrix is easy to mount regardless of your scenario with Rack Ear orientation provided for Pedal-board, Rack-rear or even rear of Combo placement.
The Midi Matrix creates an amazing Hub for amp channel/mode and feature control as well as helping with your overall switching needs. Whether you need to build dense user presets with many devices online and responding to a single command, or just control your favorite Combo amp and an effect pedal or two, the Matrix can bring it all together under one button in a midi preset and finally end the musically distracting pedal-board dance for you. Fear not… You’re in Control!
MIDI MATRIX™ AMP CONTROLLER/SWITCHER for MESA/Boogie® Amplifiers
Made in our Petaluma, California "Home of Tone" with the finest materials and craftsmanship and includes:
- The MIDI Matrix™ Amp Controller replaces a MESA/Boogie amplifier’s multi-pin DIN/XLR or 1/4” foot-switch and automates foot-switchable functions via MIDI
- 3x10 DIP Switch Array and MESA Pre-Configurations eliminate the need for custom cables or dongles to control virtually every MESA/Boogie Amp ever made.
- Stores up to 250 Presets
- Accepts MIDI Program Change and Control Change Messages
- Compatible with all MIDI Foot-Controllers, MIDI capable Multi-Effect Pedals and Pedalboard-based MIDI Loop Switchers
- Illuminated, Instant Access On/Off Buttons
- Eight Switching Functions can be configured for Latching or Momentary, normally open or normally closed switching, and arranged into two linked groups
- Isolated Relays with gold plated, silver alloy, fully sealed contacts for maximum switching compatibility and reliability
- The 8-pin DIN and two ¼” TRS Switching Jacks are completely isolated, preventing ground loop hum and noise, and allow simultaneous control of up to three amplifiers or products
- Uses an amplifier’s existing multi-pin or 1/4” foot-switch cables, standard 1/4” cables, retail 1/4” adapter cables, or a MESA DIN7-to-XLR6 cable (for the Mark IV, Basis M-2000 and Quad Preamp w/ 6-Pin Foot-switch)
- User Data Dump & Load of all User Presets and Configuration Settings via MIDI (with CRC error detection)
- Software updates via MIDI
- Conveniently accepts 9V AC or DC via 2.1mm x 5.5mm barrel plug
- Provides phantom power to MIDI foot-controllers via 7-pin MIDI cable
- Rotatable keyed bottom Mounting Plate for Combo Amp or Effects Rack Installations
- Minimum Operating Voltage: 9V DC
- Maximum Operating Voltage: 12V DC
- Maximum Current Draw: 250mA @ 9V DC
- Power Adapter (not included): WARNING!!! To avoid immediate damage and voiding the warranty, the External Power Supply MUST be 9V AC or DC, or maximum 12V DC, with a 2.1mm x 5.5mm Barrel Plug – Accepts Negative or Positive Center DC Polarity
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 5.23”x 4” x 1.59”
- Bottom Mounting Plate, Rotatable (W x D x H): 4.97” x 3.69” x 0.063”
- Weight: 0.9lbs (408.2g)