Here's a gorgeous 1969 Gibson Les Paul Gold Top Deluxe?, with hard shell case, in very good condition. There's finish checking and playing wear in-line with its age. Previously repaired crack on treble side of neck near the nut. It's been refretted and the tuners are not original. Please see below for detailed condition assessment and setup snapshot. Gibson mini humbuckers are original and sound amazing! It's been well set-up by our luthier and is eminently playable. Although this is a glorious high-value vintage Gibson LP, it's one you'll want to play rather than sequester in a vault (or if you do have a vault, hopefully it's big enough for you and an amp too!).
?If you have any questions about this lovely Gibson don't hesitate to ask!
- Year: 1969
- Brand/Model: Gibson Les Paul Deluxe
- Finish: Gold top
- Condition: Very good
- Cosmetic Condition/Damage: Crack on treble side of neck, starting at the nut and extending to approximately first fret. It was repaired long ago and is structurally stable. Pick wear on pick guard, light checking in top. Finish is lightly worn through on bass side of top. Treble side point on headstock is dented. Plating on bridge and tailpiece is worn through and pitted in spots. Finish on back if neck is quite checked. Back of body has scratches and belt buckle wear.
- Body: Solid mahogany body with maple cap, single ply ivoroid binding.
- Neck: Three piece mahogany neck.
- Fretboard: Indian rosewood fingerboard, trapezoid pearl inlays, single ply ivoroid binding, vintage jumbo frets (non original).
- Pickups/Hardware: Original bridge, tailpiece, and Gibson mini humbuckers. Aftermarket sperzel tuners.
- Modifications/Repairs: Original tuners have been replaced with Sperzels. Neck has been refretted, as binding nibs are no longer intact. Previous repair of the treble side neck crack. Electronics cavity - components' date period correct, extra solder on pots from a previous repair.
- Case/Accessories: Hard shell case.
- Weight: 8lb, 12oz.
Setup Snapshot: Instrument's setup may shift over time and during shipping. This is is a spec snapshot taken when our luthier completed initial setup.
- Current String Set: D'addario 10 - 46.
- String Height at 1st Fret: Approx .012"
- Relief at 7th Fret: .005"
- String Height at 12th Fret: 3/64".
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- String Spacing at Nut: 1.407"
- Luthier Notes: Original potentiometers date to 1968.